Monday, May 10, 2010

Benefits To Living On The Beach #2

 First off I would like to apologize for not having posted anything for some time. I moved out of the dump that I was living in and put most of my belongings in storage. Goodbye and good riddance to that crappy apartment and terrible living situation!!!!! I stayed with my girlfriend for about 2 weeks and then I moved in to a great house on the water. The above picture was taken from my deck.

 I have had an incredibly busy few weeks with working both jobs, and doing some diving. I got to dive the Liberty Ship last Sunday, scuba diving that is. The visibility was great for this wreck. It was 15 to 20 ft. and was the most amazing experience of my life! The last time I dove it you could barely make out anything, it was really easy to make out that it was a ship on the bottom of the ocean. Incredible! I did feel the effects of seasickness though and did get sick a little bit underwater and on the surface! It was good to get that out of the way I guess!

 This past Thursday I decided to take a break from moving my stuff into the new house and did a little spearfishing out at the jetty. I had a blast, only shot one pretty small Sheepshead but I got a chance to practice my breathing up skills. I had several dives that were over 40 seconds with 43 being my best on 3 occasions. Really happy with the bottom time, the current was strong and had to be kicking the whole time. Pretty confident that I'll hit over a minute soon!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment