Sunday, March 28, 2010

The Cove

File:The Cove 2009 promo image.jpg



 For those of you that have not seen the Oscar award winning documentary, The Cove, you really should see it. It will not make you laugh, it will make you cry. It will not make you feel happy, it will make you sad. You won't feel good, you will feel angered! However if you live your life in the sea as I do, you owe it to the ocean to watch this and to do your best to try and protect it!  
http://www.thecovemovie.com/the_cove/synopsis.htm
Academy Award® Winner for Best Documentary of 2009, THE COVE follows an elite team of activists, filmmakers and freedivers as they embark on a covert mission to penetrate a remote and hidden cove in Taiji, Japan, shining a light on a dark and deadly secret. Utilizing state-of-the-art techniques, including hidden microphones and cameras in fake rocks, the team uncovers how this small seaside village serves as a horrifying microcosm of massive ecological crimes happening worldwide. The result is a provocative mix of investigative journalism, eco-adventure and arresting imagery, adding up to an unforgettable story that has inspired audiences worldwide to action.
THE COVE is directed by Louie Psihoyos and produced by Paula DuPré Pesmen and Fisher Stevens. The film is written by Mark Monroe. The executive producer is Jim Clark and the co-producer is Olivia Ahnemann.



 The movie is guaranteed to open your eyes to several issues that you probably never even thought of. I know that I was blown away. I don't want to reveal too much about the movie because I want you to see it for yourself. I will warn you that there is some disturbingly graphic scenes. I almost felt as if I was watching my beloved dog Snoh, being murdered. What is happening over there is an atrocity! Stand up tell the world this is not OK! We as human beings have to be better than this!! 
Thank you to everyone who risked so much to make this documentary!! I would like everyone who reads this to watch the movie and write back to me and discuss how it made you feel. I got the movie from Netflix, I am sure you can find it in any video store or Redbox. Please watch this video and tell the world what you think! THIS IS IMPORTANT, WATCH THE MOVIE AND YOU WILL SEE WHY!!!
Here is the link to watch a trailer on YouTube. 



1 comment:

  1. Hi Brian, I'm with your mom and she's showing me how to comment on your blog. I didn't read it yet. This is just a test. When I get home later, I comment on it, ok? Love you, Aunt Debbie

    ReplyDelete