Monday, March 15, 2010

"Waves"...Emphasizing the Quotations

 Another "swell" has come and gone in Wrongsville Beach. Friday was stormy and in the waist to head high range. Very typically it was better when I couldn't surf due to work than when I did get to surf. Everybody can relate to the frustration of this scenario; unless you are one of the fortunate few who actually earns money by surfing. Nothing in the world is more frustrating than surfing all morning and seeing the wind turn offshore as you walk in the door to work. Well, OK, I guess there are things that are more frustrating than that. And yes I am super lucky to have gotten in the water with my friends and have fun. Going surfing in the worst waves in the world is still better than just about anything else! Hands down better!

 A friend of mine recently purchased a jet ski, and yes, I felt like a meat-head on it! But it was fun going out Masonboro Inlet in some relatively rough seas. The goal is to practice towing each other in, hopefully surfing some big waves on the shoals, if we ever get any "real" waves! I was always very against jet skis, but at this point I am willing to try anything that just keeps me in the water! I guess we will have to wait and see where this new adventure takes us! Hopefully it will take us places that normal people would never dream of going...

 Saturday brought cleaner surf, this time we took the ski out Masons Inlet, I learned very quickly that standing up on a surfboard while getting pulled behind a jet ski is not easy! I did manage to paddle into a few fun waves, however I never succeeded in getting up while being towed. I will have to practice a lot!! All in all it was a fun day. Its always good to be in the water, no matter how poor the waves are.

 The weather is getting nicer, the water is getting warmer, and the beach crowds are returning. For those of us who enjoy the beach and water all year long, we have a responsibility to protect our beaches from the ignorant people who think that being at the beach is a license to act like a moron and throw garbage around! Every time you see trash on the ground pick it up! Pick up your dog waste! We are lucky to live in such a great place, it is up to us to keep it great!

1 comment:

  1. Our beaches are beautiful and we enjoy them.

    Please respect them.

    Leave behind nothing but you footprints!

    ReplyDelete