Wednesday, March 3, 2010

The Double Edged Sword

 This morning Snoh and I ventured down to check the surf. Windy and cold seem to be the norm around here now! Freezing as I cross over Banks Channel my mind wanders to the warmer weather that approaches. Once Snoh and I reach the end of Oceanic St. and get on to our newly re-nourished beach the cold and wind don't seem to bother me as much.

 The waves are small and clean...my first instinct was to go surfing. Looking in both directions I can see nobody, If it were warm, the sand would be hidden by the army of beach blankets and umbrellas. I have been pretty busy lately and Snoh has been couped up a lot. In another month the town takes away one of my favorite things in the world! Walking on the beach with my Dog is one of my greatest pleasures, especially when I'm finding good beach treasures! I figured that there will be plenty of other barely waist high days to surf...but my days on the beach with Snoh are limited.

 Snoh finds a big crab and is proud to bring it over to me, I begin to feel cold again now. But now it feels good! If it were warm there would be people everywhere and the dogs have to stay home! The cold, windy, awful days at the beach are the best ones! Maybe I don't want it to get warmer, maybe I like surfing in a wetsuit, maybe I love wearing insulated underwear at the beach....maybe!

 Walking back up Oceanic St. I see a familiar face who asks, if I'm going to surf? I reply "nah, maybe if it were warmer!". Maybe I don't know what I want anymore from the weather...I know what Snoh wants though, the coldest, windiest, most miserable day! You can be sure you'll find us on the sand somewhere...happy as can be!!

1 comment:

  1. Snoh should come to NY~ we have plenty of days like that!

    ReplyDelete